Thursday, October 30, 2014

6 Months Old!

The triplets are 6 months old! That's 1/2 of a year! It's hard to believe they are that old! (I know I say that every month but I mean it!)

Mason, Logan, James

 Mason

Logan

 James

As you can see, we were able to do chair pictures this month! Yay! But not the group picture! That one didn't work out as well!


We've been really busy this month! But in a good way! The boys are really starting to show their personalities (more than before) and we're getting into a good routine. And most importantly . . . we're getting sleep!! Yay!

Here's updated stats on the boys:
Mason: 11 lbs. 10 oz.
Logan: 10 lbs. 1.5 oz. (yay! over 10 lbs. finally!)
James: 10 lbs. 13 oz.

We're all still at the bottom of the growth chart for adjusted age (3 months instead of 6 months) but Mason is starting to catch up! Yay Mason! Logan and James are doing just fine too - they are staying on their growth curves which is what the doctors are watching for.

Our schedule at 6 months:
6:00 a.m.: wake up, breast feed (Mason or Logan)/bottles (James and whoever doesn't breast feed), swing while Mom and Dad get ready
7:30/8:00: get dressed and in carseats to go to school in the Mann Van
8:30/8:45: get to school for the day
8:30 - 5:00: school (bottles at 9, 12, and 3, lots of play time, naps after noon bottles)
5:00: pick up from school, ride home in the Mann Van (someone usually yells at Mom on the way home)
6:00: breast feed (Mason), bottles (Logan and James)
6:30 - 8:30 - play, swing
8:30: baths (every other night)
9:00: breast feed (Logan), bottles (Mason and James), bed 
SLEEP ALL NIGHT!!!

So if you didn't notice, I'm still breastfeeding Mason and Logan. They each get once a day (6 or 9 pm) and then every other day they get a second time (6 am). I'm also still pumping 3 times a day but I'm really considering cutting that down to maybe 1 or 2 times a day. I HATE pumping! I think everyone does. But on top of that, I'm still not good at it so it's getting to the point where it's almost not worth it. My goal was to breastfeed 4 to 6 months originally. Well we are 6 months now. But I'm going to keep at it I think for at least a few more months. I really enjoy it (I didn't think I would! I mean it's supposedly natural but it's still weird to me). It's also so good for them, especially during flu season. Even if it is only 1 or 2 times a day. (Important side note: get your flu shot if you want to be around the babies! I got mine at walgreens at 10 pm the other night. I had an appointment and everything! And it didn't even hurt!)

Here's what we're up to these days!

Mason:
Mason is our biggest little guy. We call him Fat Boy but he's totally NOT fat! He's tiny still really! He's a pretty laid back little guy. He smiles all the time. Just not when I try to take his picture! Ha! Mason has found his hands and he sucks his thumb sometimes. Mostly he just sticks his entire hand in his mouth!

Here's a few pictures of Mason:

Those cheeks! Too much!


Logan:
Logan is our little peanut. Still! I call him Peanut sometimes! He's probably the most laid back of all 3 boys. He's usually content but very alert. He watches us all the time, especially Brian! Logan LOVES his swing still and he can see everything from there! We have noticed that Logan is almost never completely asleep! We catch him peeking all the time! '

Logan is our worst sleeper and the last one to FINALLY sleep through the night. I've been hesitant to say anything about this, but he's slept all night the last 4 nights. I've taken over night duty but I've only had to get up a few times each night, usually just to replace a paci or check his cannula. I can't even describe how happy I feel when my alarm wakes me up in the morning! We had a potential setback with Logan's sleeping earlier this week when he decided to ROLL OVER in his bed! While this makes me proud, it also means that we can't swaddle him with his arms in anymore. I was really scared that we would go backwards on sleeping but he's done great so far! We just use a SleepSack but we wrap him up under his armpits and leave his arms out and it's working! Yay Logan!

Here's a few pictures of Logan:



This is a typical Logan look!

James:
James has become Mr. Personality! He's so funny and he smiles ALL THE TIME! All the kids love James because they can make him smile so easily! And he smiles with his tongue out which is the cutest thing ever! He also smiles with his whole face and his eyes get all squinty! I love it! (My eyes do that too sometimes!) James rolls over too, but not in bed luckily! But he gets his arms free from the swaddle most nights anyways so it wouldn't be as big of a deal with him. He also goes to sleep on his own most nights. James is a big fan of sucking his thumb now! So cute! But only if he stops before he's too old! 

Here's a few pictures of James:



Even though he sucks his thumb now he still loves his giraffe!

We have ventured out with all 3 babies several times now! We've been for a walk (no small feat in our neighborhood because we live at the top of a small mountain). We take the boys to Addison's volleyball games too. My parents didn't miss my games because of my siblings so I am trying to do the same thing for Addison. I have been keeping kids away from the boys unless I KNOW for sure that they aren't sick and haven't had the flu mist recently. In case you don't know, the flu mist is a live virus and can get babies sick! We also have been taking them to mass on Sundays. We go at noon and feed them during  mass. Usually we are the quietest family in the cry room! I know it probably won't stay that way too much longer though! And bonus: this week we got to see Erin, one of our primary nurses from the NICU! We miss our nurses so much!

The most adventurous (and potentially craziest) thing we've done is last weekend we took them to their first restaurant. Senor Tequila of course! Addison got all As on her report card so she earned dinner out! The boys were extremely good. They stayed in their carseats the whole time so we actually got to eat (and drink a margarita too)! That gives me hope that we can go out to eat again! I didn't get any pictures though! Boo!

Stay tuned for pictures from our first Halloween!

Here's a few outtakes from our 6 month photo shoot! (We did these pictures right before the 9 pm feed and bed time so they were cranky!) I'm surprised I got anything I could use!

Logan is the bully out of the 3!













No comments: