Tuesday, November 25, 2014

6.5 Months (and lots of pictures)

Well hello again! It's been a while since I've posted. Ok it's only been 2 weeks but that's a long time for me! And I feel like so much has happened in the last 2 weeks! I planned on posting after our November newborn clinic appointment. That was 2 Fridays ago! I'm not even sure where to start at this point! How about pictures, then an update on appointments, etc.? Ok so it's mostly pictures! That's what everyone comes here for though right?

We finally fit into our Arkansas onesies! We wore them the last 2 Saturdays. And the Hogs won. I know it's because of us. We'll wear them again this weekend. WPS (Woo Pig Sooie for you non-Arkansans)


Mason
Logan
Logan not quite sitting up on his own yet!
James
We also got to wear our awesome hats for the first time! I bought these on a triplet resale page and I LOVE them! 

Mason
Logan
James
Bonus picture of James because it's so cute!
We also tried out our jumper finally! They all like it but they're not quite big enough yet! I have to stack magazines so their feet touch! Logan and James actually will jump a little. Mason basically just sits there and chews on the seat (but he will jump once or twice each time I put him in it!)

Mason
Logan
James

And now for an update on the babies! We went to the Newborn Clinic for a follow up with Dr. Peeples 2 Fridays ago (Nov. 14) and they boys are doing great! Here's their updated stats for 6.5 months (these are Nov. 14 stats. I have newer ones but I'll post those with the 7 month post)!

Mason:
Weight 12 lbs. 5 oz.
Length 22.43 inches

Logan:
Weight 11 lbs. 3 oz.
Length 22.23 inches

James:
Weight 11 lbs. 14 oz.
Length 22.23 inches

Mason didn't really have an appointment so no changes for him! He just got measurements and a flu shot (yuck!)

Logan got to go down to 1/4 liter on his oxygen. Yay! He's doing great! He has an appointment with a pulmonologist in January to follow up on his chronic lung disease (his sick preemie lungs basically). Dr. Peeples was going to wait to see him until after that but I convinced her to see him back in December. I'm hopeful that he can stop the oxygen in December! Fingers crossed! He's doing great on 1/4 liter, which is good news because he has discovered his cannula and likes to take it out of his nose and chew on it!

James had an appointment also to check his weight gain and his reflux. He's gaining weight in the normal range so that's great! His reflux seems under control too so we tried weaning his Prilosec. That was a bad idea! We went right back to the previous amount after 24 hours! 

Here's a picture of the boys at their newborn clinic appointment:


Mason
Logan
James
Then they got sleepy and passed out!

Logan (left) and James. Mason was being held by Dad!
James had another appointment last Friday with the hypertension clinic. That's right. My baby has hypertension. Apparently this is pretty common in preemies. They get it because of the umbilical lines put in at birth. Somehow a clot goes to the kidneys and stays there, causing high blood pressure. James is on meds for the high blood pressure but other than that this does not affect anything and should go away on its own. His blood pressure was great on Friday. The plan is to hopefully keep his meds at the same dose until the dose is insignificant based on his weight, then we'll just stop it.

Here's James before his appointment:


And after:

Other than appointments we've been staying really busy! I had a really busy week last week at work with 2 huge hearings. And Brian has been under the weather too on top of everything else. Just to make sure that the babies don't get sick, Brian has quarantined himself downstairs and has been wearing a mask around the babies. Luckily he's doing much much better! I learned a lot from Brian being sick though! First I learned that Brian does A LOT to help out! I mean I knew he does a lot already but it really shows just how much when he's down. And I also learned that I can do it all if I have to. But I would prefer to have Brian's help! Believe it or not, I do like to sit down occasionally (and that does happen most days too). But raising triplets and a 10 year old is a team sport! Here's a picture of our bottles for just 1 day!


Brian does way more than just make bottles! I'm so glad he helps out like he does! It helps keep me sane (if that's even possible)!

Ok now I need to go to bed (and hopefully sleep until 6 am). I'll leave you with a few more random pictures from the last few weeks!

James with all his goodies in his swing
Logan after his synagis shot today. He cried but he was tougher than his brothers!

Mason. Come up with your own caption for this one!

Mason asleep on the floor. Otis is always nearby!
Happy Mason 
Then and now I made for World Prematurity day!
And last but not least, a selfie of me!





1 comment:

Maggie Long said...

Love all the pics! They all have such different looks and personalities!