Thursday, September 8, 2016

Back to School!

Ok so these guys didn't technically STOP going to school for the summer, but they moved up to a new class. And they had a "first day" of school just like the big kids. James cooperated for pictures more than Lolo and Mason. Mason couldn't even sit on the couch and leave his shoes on for 2 minutes. He hates me. And pictures. James loves me more. And pictures.
The boys moved up to the "Olive Room" which is basically the room for big boys. They do big boy things like circle time, centers, and POTTY time! What?! That was my reaction. They have potty time every few hours. So . . . we got 3 little potties for home too.
They're basically grown. Oh, and totally not ready for potty training. But we have potty time in the morning before school and at night time before bed. They've all pee peed in the potty at school. And Mason has pee peed in the potty at home. And on my foot. He's the worst.

Another thing Mason likes to do now . . . take his diaper off. We've resorted to duck tape. And he still takes it off. This is how I found him after nap the other day.
The bed was dry though. So whatever makes him happy I guess (not really. I'm still in charge). We find him pantsless in the mornings now too. We need to find something stronger than duck tape I guess. 

Now that the boys are big boys we also got them a new big boy table. And guess what? They actually sit there and eat their food. And then they tell me when they're done. Most of the time. Sometimes they (Mason) throw their food in the floor. Otis loves this obviously. Apparently he does not like quinoa though. Silly picky dog.

We still get cake pops every Friday. The boys know this. I hope Starbucks never stops carrying cake pops! Every Friday when I order the Starbucks guy says "let me check and see if we have 3" and I briefly panic until he confirms that they do in fact have 3 cake pops. He's never disappointed me, but still I have a moment of panic every week. 
The boys also like the help mommy and clean the table! Mom for the win!
And of course they love playing with the chairs. Thanks Mason. This is exactly how they go.
Lolo tries to carry the chairs all over the house to reach light switches. We don't allow that. But he's resourceful. And still LOVES lights and fans. Ok it's a weird obsession. I'm hoping it goes away soon.
They really are big boys though. James one morning helped himself to some cereal. BUT he shared with his brothers. So I had to just let it happen.
We took the boys to the Catholic High School pep rally last week. I'm not sure who loved it more, the boys or Brian. Future Catholic boys!
And little Lolo looked sooooo tiny on the big basketball court!
We've also been going to the park lately now that it's cooler outside (and by cooler I mean it's 97 instead of 103). The boys love it. Mason especially loves it!
And a park selfie of course!
James has the best cheese face ever! Ha!
 So sweet. Mama's Jamesey
Big boy swings! (Not for James. He's a scaredy-cat)
Addison started school too! 7th grade! And she has a nun. I didn't get my first nun until college. But this one seems super sweet. Not like the CBU nuns who asked me to leave class (for no reason at all I swear).
Yep, we have a kid in junior high! Noooooo! But she definitely acts the part. Just by way of example, I'll share about her new tennis shoes. She really really really wanted some new Nike Frees. So I decided to be nice one night while I was out so I went to the Nike store. We Facetimed and she picked out some that she liked. So I bought them. They were too big. So, Brian, again being very nice, took them back and exchanged them for a different size. End of story right? Wrong. She didn't like them anymore at that point. Cried. So I took her back to the Nike store so she could get different ones. And she did. She picked out a different pair of Nike Frees. Same colors. They look almost exactly the same as the original pair that she didn't like anymore. And of course they cost $10 more. So all that to say, yep we have a preteen. And she acts every bit the part. Luckily she still lets me take posed pictures of her at least (and her friend who is maybe my favorite 12 year old other than Addison).


No comments: