Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas 2016 Part 2

We had a very busy, but wonderful Christmas this year. We started in Little Rock with Brian's family, then headed to Memphis for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my family. And everyone spoiled my kids. Addison especially. She deserves it though.

We started our Christmas with the Manns. We had brunch. The boys were a little confused. They kept asking for lunch. Ha! Brian's Christmas suit made a re-appearance. And Brian tried to dance. As you can see he's a really good dancer.
The boys did a great job waiting to open presents. The tree and presents were a HUGE temptation but they mostly held out. I only had to rewrap a few presents. A few times. (Sorry for the ghetto wrapping job Liam! I gave up). The boys LOVED Nina's tree! And all the pretty presents under it!
And a few more pictures from Nina and Pop's house!
 Lolo LOVED the new dancing Mickey from Nina and Pop!
 And Brian loved holding this sweet baby.
And we tried to get a picture of the cousins. Just missing Liam! :(
Then we headed to Memphis. 2 of the boys slept.
But then there was Mason . . .
I kept giving him candy to keep him quiet. Ha! Mom of the year over here.

We went to my Grandma and Grandpa's house first for some chili. After the super scenic route because Brian is terrible with directions. And by terrible with directions I mean he's terrible at listening to the directions I give as I give them. (He blames me, but we all know this is not my fault). So we drove over the scary bridge, then we drove through the hood. Then we missed another exit and had to turn around at a liquor store that keeps all liquor behind glass. James thought it was Starbucks. So not even close. But we made it.

Logan really liked the pecan bucket.
Everyone else played the piano. At the same time.
And Logan ate more pecans.
Christmas Eve we started the Griffith family Christmas tradition. It was so special that we were here for all of it this year. We will spend most Christmases in Little Rock because Brian and I decided we want to be home most years. So this year was extra special. So . . . our crazy Christmas tradition is this:

  • Christmas Eve - Christmas with Lou Ann and our cousins
  • Midnight Mass 
  • After Midnight Mass - Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's house
  • Back to Mom and Dad's house for Santa
  • Christmas morning - Santa and Family Gifts
  • Christmas lunch - everyone comes over to Mom and Dad's house
  • Christmas night - everyone passes out, sometimes on the couch, sometimes sitting up (usually Grandma)
So much fun! I love it! First, a picture of the boys. With matching Santas. And not just any matching Santas. One of these has lived at my parents' house since I was little. Then my mom found 2 more this year so now she has 3.
Now pictures! First Addison and the boys made cookies with Zizzie. Lizzie looks scared. Ha!
Mickey cookies of course! Nana has the coolest stuff!
Christmas at Lou Ann's house!
James helped everyone open their presents.
Mason got a tractor. Then he filled it with confetti. Because of course.
Jim liked Mason's tractors too.
Then Christmas in the middle of the night at Grandma and Grandpa's! And a rare picture of all 5 of us. And we're dressed up.
A selfie with Lizzie.
And my 2 favorite girls.
And lots more pictures.
Mason's cheese face. Ha! I can't stop laughing at this one.
Group present!
Lolo in my dad's rocking chair from when he was a kid. This thing belongs in a museum.
Patiently waiting for Alan to open their new toys.
Then we went home and waited for Santa. The boys even put out cookies. And James kept saying don't touch them. And he checked to make sure Santa ate them in the morning. So cute! Did you see the Santa sacks at the top of this post?! My friend Sumer made them for us and I LOVE THEM! All 4 kids got a stocking and a Santa sack full of presents. And the boys also got a few bigger things. A kitchen, a tool bench, and a train table. They loved them!
And we opened presents too. And stickers. So many stickers.
And of course they loved Nana's tree too.
And because we didn't get much sleep the night before we thought naps were super important on Christmas Day. We found Logan like this. I mean I guess technically he did take a nap right?
Then we had Christmas lunch and spent the afternoon with everyone again. And then this happened . . .
Yep. More Christmas suits. Fun for the whole family. Oh and Brian and my brother Joey both got the same fun cat shirts for Christmas too. I'm pretty sure Joey has worn this out in public.
And of course Mason made another new friend. Ha!
And another fun picture from my parents' house . . . this one lives in their back hall on their picture wall. Coincidence they placed this sign in front of this particular frame? Probably not. I feel like the asshole gene was inherited. Maybe.
And one final picture. Mickey waffles! Brian asked for a Mickey waffle maker for Christmas so he could make Mickey waffles for the boys. And he has used it more than once already.
Just kidding! That wasn't the final picture. This one is though . . . my Christmas gift to myself.
I bought myself a Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit and I am soooo glad I did! I'm kind of obsessed and now I want all the oils. So far I've used my diffuser every day and night too. And I've made things. Yep things. I've made face serum for myself, sinus and asthma roll-ons, a cough and cold cream for the boys (like baby Vicks but better . . . even Addison loves it), and I've used my oils to clean the boys' cribs. So basically I did a great job with my gift to myself. Let me know if you have any good tips or recipes for me to try!

I know it's after New Years now so NYE post coming soon! Mann Olympics 2016 edition was amazing. And I won per usual.



No comments: