Wednesday, March 26, 2014

23 Weeks!

23 weeks today! This week the babies are a little over 1 lb. each. So huge! And they are between 11 and 12 inches long now. This week's fruit is large mango. I think that refers to weight not length (because a foot long mango would be weird). I do know what a mango looks like. Thanks to Adrienne I also now know what a spaghetti squash (last week's food) looks like, both before and after the "spaghetti" is taken out. It's pretty big! Maybe I'll cook it some time if I can convince Brian to be adventurous with me.

The babies are all doing great. Lots of kicking this week. And Brian finally felt one of them kick over the weekend. I think he felt Baby C (which is weird because he is usually the calmest of the 3 babies). Yay! I can feel them all the time now. Baby B is not only in my ribs all day, now he's kicking me in the ribs all day too. I kind of like the kicking part though.

I'm feeling huge. It's hard to get comfortable and stay comfortable for very long now. And I have a while to go too! Basically I have to alternate between sitting and standing then I'm ok. If I sit too long I have Baby B in my ribs. If I stand too long my back starts to hurt. I can stay on my couch in my recliner (yes my couch reclines and it's awesome) for a pretty long time. I fall asleep there almost every night. I highly recommend the recliner couch if anyone is looking for a new couch.

I've also come to the conclusion that leggings may be pants, at least for pregnant people. I only have 1 pair of pants (maternity jeggings to be exact) that actually fit me now.

We had a very busy week. Yesterday when I got home from work I had 2 packages on my front porch. One from Pottery Barn and the other was a mystery package. From Pottery Barn, we got our baby bedding! Yay! Thanks Mom! Here's a picture of the crib blankets that we had monogrammed with their names.


I'm in love! I haven't made the beds yet so no pictures of that yet. I figured that my doctors (and Brian) probably don't want me lifting crib mattresses and leaning over crib rails so I had to wait until Brian got back in town to do that. Now that he's back, on the agenda tonight - make baby beds!

The other package was a gift from a grade school friend. Really made my day! I almost cried it was so sweet. So thanks!

We also made some major acquisitions in baby gear this week. Last Friday we bought 2 used triplet strollers. One is a frame that holds 3 Graco infant carriers. The other is a back to back triplet stroller that we can use once the babies are a little bigger and can sit up on their own. We got a really good deal on these too which is a huge relief to both of us. Triplet strollers are hard to come by and they are pretty expensive, especially the infant ones. Here's a picture of the back to back stroller:


I'm sure we'll be a spectacle with either stroller but we need to get around! I want to make sure we still go to all of Addison's activities. My parents did that for me and I was the oldest of 5 and it really meant a lot to me. I don't want Addison to feel left out now that she has to share us with 3 babies!

Oh and we found a nanny! She was referred to us through the grapevine because the family she works for now is moving. Brian called all of her references and everyone had great things to say so we're pretty happy. One more thing done!

I also took my last trip before the babies get here. We drove to Memphis for the weekend to see my family. Every time we go I am reminded how much I love Memphis and how much I miss it. But I love it here too so I'm good. (But I do tear up every time the song "Walking in Memphis" comes on the radio because I'm a huge baby - even when I'm not pregnant). We had a great trip. I'm not allowed to travel after 24 weeks so I won't be leaving Little Rock again until well after the babies get here. Probably a good thing though because riding in the car was very uncomfortable. And we got stuck in traffic on I-40 both ways (we even took the detour on the way back).

We left Addison in Memphis for the week so it's been really quiet around here. I miss her when she's not here! I think Addison forgets we exist as soon as we leave though. It's out of sight out of mind for her I think. She promised to call or text me every day. Guess how many times she's called me? One. And no texts. But she's having a great time. Today my mom took her to the zoo and she got to ride a camel.


She looks a little scared. I guess maybe I would be scared too.

And last but not least, here's the weekly picture of me. I almost didn't post it this week but changed my mind at the last minute.


Next up - Dr. Wendel on Friday! I'm super excited to see my boys again on the big ultrasound! One more reason to look forward to Friday too!


No comments: