Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Babies Have Names!

20 weeks today! If this were a normal pregnancy, I'd be half way done. One of my weekly pregnancy emails said this is hump week. Yeah right . . . for normal people. So that's not me. I'm probably closer to 2/3 through my pregnancy. This week the babies are the size of a banana (10 inches long head to foot) and about 10 oz. each. They feel way bigger than that to me! Today Baby B spent the entire day in my ribcage (again) and Baby A kicked me every time I sneezed (which was more than I would have liked). Baby C is the calm one who keeps to himself (for now).

Biggest news of the week . . . we named the babies!Brian didn't understand why I wanted to hurry up and name them already, but after I told him how important it was to me that the babies have real names (instead of Baby A, Baby B, and Baby C), we sat down and agreed on 3 names. We actually picked the first names last week and thought of some potential. Then yesterday we sat down and agreed that we still liked those names and chose middle names. Brian got all fancy and cut out little pieces of paper so we could look at first and middle names together. A big problem we had was avoiding spelling words with their initials. So that cut out all middle names that start with vowels. But I think we found 3 perfect names.

Now, for the reason many of you are reading the blog today . . . the Mann Triplets will be named:
(1) Mason Thomas Mann
(2) Logan Michael Mann
(3) James Parker Mann

They will ultimately be named in this order in the order that they are born. I think the names sound best in this order when you say them all together - Mason, Logan and James. Brian didn't want to assign names to the babies yet but I want to call them by real names. So no more Baby A, Baby B, and Baby C. Just kidding! They will always be Baby A, Baby B, and Baby C. And we don't know who will be born first, second and third so I guess we can't really assign them names yet (but I can pretend).

Here's my weekly picture.



I feel huge! My work friend agreed with me today. Thanks Keith. Luckily Brian tells me I'm beautiful every day when I feel huge. So that really helps. But today I tried to wear my favorite pre-pregnancy jeans (with the belly band of course) and the zipper wouldn't go up hardly at all! I guess that's a good sign that I'm putting on weight like Dr. Wendell wants. But it was a pretty sad moment :( I ended up wearing jeggings. That's right . . . jeggings. These particular jeggings have a real button though so they're pretty fancy. The button is completely useless but at least it's there.

This week was pretty tame, except for the growing part. Addison had her first soccer game on Saturday. She's playing goalie this season which is terrifying to me! I am not an overprotective mom but I don't like the idea that balls and cleats are flying at her during the game. It's too stressful for me. But she played great. And they won! Yay! Then Brian's parents had us over for dinner and fed me lots of high-calorie food. And Brian's mom bought the babies some clothes. Some matching ones too! I think I want to dress them alike at least in public when they're little and can't get mad at me for it.

Then we had a few more "snow days." Actually we didn't get any real snow. We got several inches of sleet and ice on Sunday night and couldn't go anywhere for several days. Brian wouldn't let me leave the garage because he was scared I would fall. He's probably right. We stayed home Monday and Tuesday so I got to spend a few days relaxing. I actually worked from home yesterday but it was still relaxing to not have to wear real pants for several days and go straight from working to the couch. I guess I have lots of yoga pants days in my near future but hopefully still working from work most days. We'll see.

Oh and Otis went sledding too. He apparently thought it looked fun and jumped on the sled with Ava Grace (Addison's neighbor friend) and then with Brian. He would not get on the sled with Addison for some reason. Ha! I don't know how to upload video but I wish could. Because it's pretty hilarious. I have the coolest dog ever! Here's a picture of Otis in a pink scarf instead. The girls thought his ears were cold. He's such a good dog, especially with kids. Let's hope that continues with 3 babies!


Some final updates. No doctors this week or next (keeping my fingers crossed). And several people have asked me if the triplets are identical or fraternal. Dr. Wendell thinks they are all fraternal because they are in separate sacs with separate placentas. There's still a chance that at least 2 of them are identical but they would have had to split early. Of course we won't know for sure until after they're born. 

Also I've been resisting the urge to buy baby clothes and shoes. So far I've just been looking online and on Pinterest. But I keep threatening to buy 3 pairs of baby nikes. Brian keeps insisting that babies don't need shoes. I guess technically they don't need shoes but they do need them in my opinion. And baby polos. Those are the cutest ever. 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great names! Praying for you and wishing you well! Keep on eating and relaxing as much as possible.

Deltasunset said...

You are a great storyteller that will come in handy at bedtime as the years go on. Lookin' good, girlfriend!! Like the names a lot.

Anonymous said...

I've always said that you're beautiful, but I'm more than a little biased! I'm praying for all of you,

Dad
-------