Wednesday, April 23, 2014

27 Weeks - We Have 2 Lb. Babies!!

27 weeks today! We're getting close! According to my weekly email the babies should be "almost 2 lbs. this week." This is the weight of a head of cauliflower, another food that we don't eat in my house (Brian hates it; I think it doesn't have much flavor. Either way, we don't eat it). The babies should  be about 14-15 inches long. Getting huge!

We had another ultrasound this week. We apparently have some overachievers! Baby A and Baby C weigh about 2 lbs. already (more than my weekly email said). Baby B is our little guy. He weighs about 1 lb. 13 oz. this week. He's also the only one who showed his face this week. Here's his picture:

 

He's a little blurry because he actually had his hand in front of his face (like every time) and the ultrasound girl had to "look through" his hand to see his face. Baby A and Baby C didn't want their pictures taken this time. But everyone is doing great! We saw Dr. Wendel and he is happy with the babies' growth and mine too. The babies all measured within a few days of each other, which is perfect. They all have strong heartbeats (all 148) and plenty of fluid. And they have eyebrows now (or eyelashes. I can't remember). Baby C was even doing his practice breathing. This gets him ready to breathe for real after he's born. 

Me? I'm hanging in there. I still feel pretty good actually. I have started having trouble sleeping and just getting comfortable in general at night (I'm usually ok during the day when I'm staying busy). And I get heartburn at night. Yuck! I feel bad for people who have heartburn all the time! I also woke up with a monster cramp in my calf yesterday morning. Apparently this is normal. But I'm pretty sure it is the absolute worst way to wake up ever!

I'm feeling bigger by the day. Dr. Wendel said I'm the size of a 38 week single pregnancy now! That means that the only place I have to grow is out. I can't even imagine how that will work. We'll see I guess!  Here's my weekly picture:


Yes I did wear this to work today! Yoga pants and flip flops are perfect lawyer attire. At least at my office they are! Lucky me! Oh and yes I'm still working for the time being. I guess Dr. Dora will reevaluate next week. Dr. Wendel did say to avoid all stress. Most people have stress just going to work because they have to (1) get dressed up and (2) get there on time. I don't have these issues luckily! I did scare Jack today when I was a little late though! He called to make sure everything was ok! Oops. 

We had a great Easter and a pretty relaxing week. Well I did. Brian stayed busy! We had our first Easter at home because we couldn't travel. But we made the best of it. Addison and I made Easter dinner. I've never made a holiday meal before because my mom or Brian's mom always does the cooking. First time for lots of things this year! Addison made the green bean casserole all by herself! And it tasted perfect! My in-laws will be happy to know that I even made gravy (the kind out of a little package where you just add water, but still gravy). I do not like gravy but I made it just for Addison because she doesn't like mashed potatoes (unless Nina makes them and they have gravy). I couldn't be Nina but I could make gravy. Here's our spread complete with the gravy:


Then we had a nighttime Easter egg hunt. Even though we didn't have any plans on Easter Sunday, we somehow didn't get around to hiding eggs until about 9 pm. Addison had fun though:


And she gets all the eggs because she's the only one to find them. Belly did try to eat one egg but I heard the crunch and stopped her just in time! The Easter bunny also hid eggs (filled with candy and money of course) but she found those in the morning. Here's a picture from Addison's morning Easter egg hunt:


In case you're wondering . . . no, Addison did not break her arm. She sprained it during her soccer game on Saturday so she gets to wear this awesome splint. She feels cool wearing it I think. Luckily she's doing much better and it doesn't even really hurt anymore. So she'll be back on the soccer field this weekend.

Finally, did anyone see Parks and Recreation this week? If not, stop reading so I don't spoil it. If you don't watch Parks and Recreation, you should. It's hilarious. Well this week, the episode title was 1 in 8000. Guess what that means?! Even without reading the title, I already knew because several people said something to me the night it aired or the next day before we watched it. In case you haven't figured it out yet, Leslie (Amy Poehler) found out she's having triplets! 1 in 8000 (really 1 in 8100). Just like us! If you watched the show, you now have a pretty good idea how we reacted to the news. I was like Leslie (kind of). Excited and optimistic (but terrified). But not as cheery as her because that's not normal. Brian was definitely like Ben. Very overprotective and scared of everything - from work to sleep to food. He's still like that but he's tuned it down some. Thank God! I may have strangled him by now! Just kidding (kind of). I know he meant well.

Next up - Dr. Dora next Tuesday. I'll keep you posted! 

No comments: