Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I Can't Reach My Feet Anymore!

25 Weeks today! And I feel fantastic this week! I really feel like I can make it at least 5 more weeks. But I'm still praying, keeping my fingers crossed, and all that good stuff. Thank you to everyone else who is doing the same! We really appreciate it!

The babies seem to be doing great too! This week they are supposedly the size of a . . . wait for it . . . rutabaga. Really? If you're like me, you have no idea what a rutabaga is or what it looks like. Lucky for you, I googled it. A rutabaga is "a root vegetable that originated as a cross between the cabbage and the turnip." If you want to know more, click here to get some good ole Wikipedia info, where I conduct my research for most important facts (but not at work. Before anyone thinks I'm committing malpractice, I assure you that I use Westlaw for that). I would post a picture but the rutabaga is probably the ugliest vegetable out there (it does look kinda like a turnip). I will probably never try this one out. Now back to the babies. The babies are really growing now! This week they should be about 13.5 inches long and 1.5 lbs each. Apparently the rutabaga also weighs about 1.5 lbs. Hopefully that knowledge will be useful to someone someday. Probably not though. 

I don't have any new baby pictures today, but here's a picture of my biggest baby - my little princess. She may kill me for saying that because she is way too cool for princesses. BUT she'll never know!


She's a professional flower girl. This was her third time! She loves it! And she definitely knows what to do. I'm a little sad that she won't get to do it again and that I won't have any more little princesses who can be flower girls. I guess the boys can be ring bearers. But that will be an interesting wedding that needs 3 ring bearers. Maybe they don't each need to carry a separate ring? 

Here's a few more pictures from the wedding. Congrats Niki and Kyle! Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day!




Thanks Amy for the dress! Buying a maternity dress for a wedding was not something I wanted to do. And this one was perfect. I felt like the prettiest pregnant girl at the wedding! And that's not gratuitous or anything because I saw at least 3 other pregnant girls. I wanted to have this conversation with them: "How many babies are you having? Oh just 1? I'm having 3." Just to one-up everyone else. Then just see how they respond. But I didn't do that. I would never. But it's fun to pretend sometimes.

I got an at-home pedicure this week too. Brian cut my toenails for me (I'm sure that's something he never thought he would get to do). And Addison painted my toenails. 


She did a great job! I can only reach about 2 of my toes now so it would have not looked very good if I did it myself! 

So as you may have guessed, I can't reach my feet anymore. This makes for some difficult times getting dressed and undressed. Especially because it's still cold outside and I have to wear socks still. I also have trouble taking my maternity jeggings off sometimes so Brian gets to help with that too. He's such a good sport about all of this. He also gets to pick things up when I drop them. This happens a lot. I especially like to drop the Apple TV remote in the couch (which means he has to get under the couch to find it. And it's tiny so not easy to find). And he just came home with flowers so I guess he enjoys doing all these fun things for me! 

Here's my weekly picture. I'm pretty sure the only thing growing is my belly. And I'm not sure how much more it can grow!


I've been having a little trouble sleeping and getting comfortable at night lately because either my back or my ribs hurt depending on my position. But Brian got me another special maternity pillow (this is the third one) so now I have my snoogle and a wedge pillow for under my belly. I sleep much better now that I'm surrounded by pillows.

Next doctor's appointment is next Tuesday with Dr. Dora. Hoping for a good visit. I really want to keep working and just doing what I've been doing. Time has been going by pretty fast which is great. I can't wait to meet these little guys (but I do want to wait at least 5 more weeks. Hopefully at least 7 more weeks).



1 comment:

Spring said...

Lol... You really find out just how much someone loves you when you can no longer dress yourself!