Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Happy Birthday America!

We had a great 4th of July weekend! Brian's brother and his family moved back to Arkansas, we went to the zoo, the boys played in the water a few times, and of course we played with cousins. So fun! Oh and we watched fireworks. Of course there were fireworks!

Of course we started the weekend with cake pops. Because the weekend starts on Friday and on Fridays we get cake pops.
James holds onto his for a while then hides to eat it. So no pics of James and his cake pop. But don't worry. He had one too and he definitely liked it.

Saturday we had a laid back day at home. First we played outside in the water. The boys LOVE outside. They aren't so sure about the pool though. They must get that from Brian. My favorite picture in a while though is this first one. Lolo LOVES the hose!
 Mason actually does like the pool.
James just loves being outside in general.
And I got a Mason-Mommy selfie :)
Before we went outside we played inside. The boys moved their chairs to a new location. Still in order. But James always sits in Lolo's chair. Unless Logan wants to sit there. Then Logan gets it. Because he's the boss.
We did a little reading too. And he got up there all by himself.
They sat like this on their own! Not in order. But they sat right next to each other!
And a new obsession - wearing big people shoes. They love my heels! Ha! Brian does NOT love that they love my heels.
They also love their aunt Zizzie. They all took a fake nap in the kitchen because Zizzie did it.
Sunday we went to the zoo! And we took a few friends! 14 Manns in all! The boys loved the zoo this time! Every time we left an exhibit James said and signed more! :) 
I look like a giant in that picture! Yikes! I'm not I promise! The Manns are all just really little. I'm normal sized!

Another favorite picture! The boys LOVE Nina and Pop! And they loved feeding the fish (or dropping fish food NEAR the fish).
I got a few other zoo pics but not many! 
The boys got out of the wagon for a few minutes and looked at the lions.
And this was my attempt at getting a pic of my 4 kids (OMG I have 4 kids - that thought crosses my mind every time I say that I have 4 kids!)
After the zoo we just took it easy the rest of the day. Until the boys learned a new trick. At first it was ok when it was just these 2.
Then their little friend joined them. And decided it would be fun to STOMP STOMP! They had to get down once that became the fun new game. We still have a coffee table but I'm thinking it's nearing the end of life.
Then we made it to the 4th! The sat together again! And out of order again!
The boys got new haircuts again. They did great. And Brian did much better too! No bald spots!
Brian HAD to do fireworks so he got out some daytime fireworks as soon as he could! Mason was asleep but Lolo and James watched from inside. Lolo loved it the most!
Addison isn't a huge fan. She developed a weird fear of fireworks last year. But she pretended to like them pretty well.
Then we went to Nina and Pop's house for a cookout and more outside fun! The boys had a blast!
Our niece Josie is apparently a big fan of my blog and she wanted to be "famous" so she made sure I took lots of pictures! The boys loved playing in the bubbles too so it was a win-win.
Josie also helped take pictures so here's one of me!
The big people had fun too! Until Baby Caroline stole the bean bags from the Baggo game.
Then this happened. Ha! They were empty I promise! But this is my future in about 20 years I'm sure!
Look at this smile!
And this one!
See I wasn't lying! They were empty!
Then this happened! They ALL 3 GOT IN THE POOL!
Oh and we attempted a family picture. It was a fail.
Brian and Addison stayed and went to a fireworks show and shot off some fireworks. The boys and I went home for bedtime. For them. I watched fireworks from my front porch. Happy 4th!





No comments: