Saturday, August 6, 2016

Lolo Day!

2 years ago today, after 99 days in the NICU, they let us bring Logan home. This tiny guy right here:
That first night was TERRIFYING! I stared at him all night. And he stared back.
I was sure we weren't ready. But I guess I was wrong. 

Here's my favorite Lolo picture. On my rocking horse from when I was little! He LOVES it!
2 years later, Logan is a funny, sassy, happy little dude. He loves ceiling fans, lights, light switches, cars, animals (and the farmer), and shoes that aren't his. He is a big jumper. He jumps so high in his bed that he's basically parallel to the top rail. Yikes! Oh, and he climbs. So we no longer have barstools. Ugh. Thanks Logan! But he makes up for it by giving sweet kisses. And there's always a hug to follow. And he says "aww" with the hug. 

He is the smallest of his brothers but he is definitely the boss. His teachers confirmed this for school too. He will straight up push someone out of his way. And they will move.

He is starting to talk too. He's always babbled but now he is starting to attempt complete sentences, although he usually gets the words mixed up. 

He goes by Lolo now. If you ask him his name he says "I Lolo." Mason and James sometimes pretend they too are Lolo. James has started calling Logan by his actual name now which makes me sad but also makes me happy because it's super cute. Mason calls him Lolo or Gogan. Also super cute.

We celebrated Lolo Day today of course. First Nana, Grandad and Loulou came by with brunch. And Coming Home Day presents! Lolo LOVED his new Mickey Legos!
Mason and James got presents too! And James decided Loulou is the coolest!
Lolo also watched the Olympics with Daddy!
And because it was Lolo Day we let him turn the lights on and off. (insert eye roll).
Then we went to Senor Tequila for dinner. We drive by Senor's every day after school and we have the following conversation. James always spots Senors and says dee-yup! Then Lolo says "mmm dip!" Lolo loves dip. He loves salsa the best. So we had to go.
Mason loves Mexican food too!
Here's some recent pictures of Lolo. My love.
 Helping Zizzie make smoothies :)
 Yum cake! My kids LOVE cake!
 Lolo found Lolo! And he was actually pointing to . . . a ceiling fan of course. Ha!
This big kid eats cereal. With a spoon.
Pants optional.
Coolest kid on the block.
Lolo loves to rock rock (wah-wock) and read books
I have proof of the climbing too. This all happened over the course of about 24 hours. First he climbed up on the triplet table and got into his chair, put his bib on, and asked for dinner. That was Friday night. Then Saturday morning he climbed up on a barstool to get the Apple TV remote. Then later that day, Brian came into the living room and found Lolo ON TOP of the counter! Seriously this kid is crazy!
And I wasn't joking about the shoes. If Lolo sees shoes that aren't his, he will sit down, take his own shoes off, and put the newly-discovered grown up shoes on.
This particular day he found mommy's shoes, then he found daddy's shoes so he switched.
And I saved the best one for last. He's going to kill me when he gets older! Ha!




No comments: