Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Better Mother's Day


Today was about as perfect as I could have ever hoped! And much much better than last year! The day isn't over, but so far none of my babies have tried to die today. And I haven't cried (well I almost cried but for happy reasons so it doesn't count). Both of those things happened last year unfortunately!

I actually started my Mother's Day last night. Because, well, it was a long week, followed by 2 long days of dance. That mess in the floor in the background . . . yeah I left that there. Brian is cleaning it up now. And I'm about to finish that bottle of wine.
The start of today was a little bittersweet. Today was my last morning to breastfeed. I'm not done completely but I'm cutting out the morning session so I'm down to once a day now. But I'm ready. And Mason has 6 teeth and he bites so that's not fun either.

Then Brian made chocolate chip pancakes and bacon so all was right with the world again. I mean it's pancakes AND chocolate. And bacon. Oh and I had coffee too of course.

And I got some awesome Mother's Day gifts too! My favorite things were the cards though! Addison made my card in computer class at school. And I love it!
The boys didn't make their card but they edited it and they signed it so just as good (even though they signed out of order)!
We had a pretty uneventful day really. We went to church and the boys were great! James actually stayed in his seat the whole time! This is the first time ever! Logan got out but he just wanted to play. And yell. So loudly.

Then I got to take a nap. A NAP!!! I almost forgot how amazing naps are! I got to take a nap with Logan on the couch for about 30 minutes. It was the best nap ever. I love naps.

Then we went to dinner. And it went great! James slept pretty much the whole time. Mason and Logan sat in highchairs like big boys and they were super good. And adventurous. Mason ate rice and guacamole (just the avocado) and Logan ate a lime. He loved it.
I got to have margaritas. I got 2 because they boys were being so good we were able to stay! And of course we took some selfies.
And a few more pictures:
Then I got to go shopping because the boys were being so good! Yay! Not by myself because that's crazy talk. I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I may never come home.

Oh and then we got home and Addison posted this on Instagram and almost made me cry. But I didn't because I'm a big girl.
The selfie is from yesterday when we were getting Starbucks on the way to dance recital. She doesn't always wear that much makeup (she's not allowed to wear ANY makeup in real life!) Here's another selfie from yesterday though because I kinda love selfies with Addison.
And last but not least, I got a picture of me with all 3 boys tonight! And they all looked. Once. And they're out of order so please forgive me (you'll have to guess).
This happened immediately after:
And I found this on my phone
And here's one more picture of the 3 boys in their super cute Polo rompers!
Otis photobombed this one. And Belly is sniffing James in the other one at the top! Ha! Dogs are silly.

Happy Mother's Day to all my mom friends!

No comments: